Is this lady a MYSTERY to you? Well, if so..
then, maybe Mystery Monday's post will give you
...some clues. =)
1) She died September 4, 2010 at the age of 83
2) Shared quilting thru a 16 page mimeographed newsletter
The first issue typed on a manual typewriter at her
dinning room table (in 1969).
3) The "newsletter" eventually became a magazine that had over 200,000 US
publications and 100 other countries.
4) It was said that this lady..."almost single-handedly launched the quilt revival
in the 1970s...by the research and information put in the Newsletters.
~ ~ ~ any ideas yet?
5) She was inducted in to the Quilter's Hall of Fame in 1982
6) Carol Doak (paper piecing instructor) said of our Mystery
lady..., "She was a gentle giant, leading and
encouraging the quilt world with her grace and charm
If you haven't guessed already....The photograph is that of one of the
in the world of quilting. Her name is Bonnie Leman. And, the
"newsletter" mentioned above is
For more information about Mrs. Leman you can go to
SO...to enter to WIN* the
FIVE FAT QUARTERS.....please,
leave a comment about a teacher and/or author
YOU when you FIRST started quilting.
Entries will be closed Saturday Jan 21st midnight MT
*must be a follower to win
Happy Dancing....for last week's Mystery Monday
from Washington D.C.
and you can visit her here
Please, don't forget about the giveaway on
Saturday's "On My Weigh"....click
HERE for all the details!! Or, you could
just click on the new button!...the funny-faced scale. =)