Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Easier than EZ duvet cover

I found this gorgeous Asian print 30% off and had to have it!  The pictures of it don't do it justice. I didn't want to cut it up and lose any of the flow of the flowers, bridges, cranes, fans, etc.  It became apparent that it would make a great duvet cover for our king size bed.


      I needed to find a fabric from my stash that would make great side pieces. Yes, I could've bought a piece of new fabric. But, to keep my stash from crying out from neglect, I must, on occasion use some of it.

In this picture you can see that I chose to use the back or reverse side of the navy print.  In my opinion, the right side was just too busy for this project.

I, then, cut different width strips, 3", 1.5, 2, 2.5" of several different prints cutting them the 44" width of fabrics.  Slices of 6" were cut from these strip groups
Slices were sewn end to end to create the desired length.

WAH-LAsimple - easy

No comments: