Our leeetle quilt group gathered together for some fun and games......
and of course, some fab food.
~ ~ Those with * find receipes below ~ ~
We had chicken chili soup* with tortilla chips
banana chocolate bread*
large heart-shaped pink frosted sugar cookie for each
**Chicken Chili Soup**
2 cans of Chicken Chili
1 can of Black Beans (not drained)
1 can of whole kernal unsweet corn (not drained
all above ^ ingredients in crockpot
follow directions on Bear Creek "Darn Good Chili" except use 8 cups of water
cook the package chili in a separate pot on the stove
(takes FOREVER in crock - ask me how i know)
when cooked (about 30 minutes) put into crockpot with other ingredients
``extra stuff`` - it's also yummy with
red and or green peppers, celery (I chop these very small)
adding raw veggies will add extra cooking time.
**Marbled-Chocolate Banana Bread** - Denise
2 C flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 butter, softened
1 1/2 cups smashed banana (about 3)
2 egg substitute
1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 Lindt dark chocolate bar 3.5oz - 72% cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with whisk
3. Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, beat with mixer at med. speed until well blended.
Add banana, egg sub, and yogurt; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
4. Place chocolate bar in a med bowl, microwave at high for 1 min. or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2" loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Swirl batters together using a knife. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 mins. or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool 10 mins. in pan on wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
**Salsa Salad** - Terri
Celery, Green pepper, Red pepper, Red onion, Tomatoes,
Cilantro, Kidney beans, Avocado
1) Chop all ingredients and mix together
Add the following to taste:
Olive Oil (TB) or so depending on amount of veggies
Juice of fresh lime
Rice vinegar (TB)
1) Each person was to write 5 things that they LOVED (not people)
2) They were not to put their name and were to put in a white sealed envelope
3) I read the 5 things and each person wrote their guess for who the 5 things belonged to.
~ We learned some fun things about each other! ~
The one with the most right guesses.....won a prize
We also did
"Show and Tell"
I know, I'm a terrible TEASE!
Pictures of our "Show and Tell" ......tomorrow! ;D